UDAV – universal data array visualization
fast and interactive data plotting on the base of MathGL library
What is UDAV?
UDAV is cross-platform program for data arrays visualization based on MathGL library. It support wide spectrum of graphics, simple script language and visual data handling and editing. It has window interface for data viewing, changing and plotting. Also it can execute MGL scripts, setup and rotate graphics and so on.
Detailed information about MGL scripts you may read here (or in Russian here). Also you can look on examples of usage, some hints and MGL samples and .
Russian fan-site is here.
- 30 May 2011. New version (v.0.7.1.2) of UDAV is released with minor bugfixes.
- 17 November 2010. New versions of MathGL (v.22.214.171.124) and UDAV (v.0.7.0.1) are released. Most interesting: bugfix for determining sizes of a data file under Windows; and add templates (scripts with %N fields).
- 12 November 2010. Add group (mailing list) about MathGL and UDAV.
- 8 November 2010. New version (v.0.7) of UDAV is released. New features: improve "New Command" dialog and animation, add keywords completion and hotkeys, use MathGL documentation for help, many minor improvements.
- 8 November 2010. New version (v.1.11) of MathGL is released. Most interesting: new plots, new text/line styles and markers, new aligning for subplot/colorbar/legend, save/load compressed files (data/font/eps/svg), new MGL features, bug fixes.
Detailed news list here. Sourceforge project page here.
- Wide spectrum of graphics. At this moment (MathGL v.1.9) more than 55 general types of graphics are supported.
- There are smoothed lightning, transparency, TeX symbols and formulas, arbitrary curvelinear coordinates and a lot of other things (see MathGL features).
- Simple and fast data and formulas plotting:
- You can plot the data by one click (just type 'udav datafile.dat' or open it in UDAV)
- You can see the script and graphical result at the same time.
- You can rotate, shift, zoom plot by toolbuttons or by mouse.
- You can switch on/off lightning and transparency.
- You can run animation.
- Table for data editing support up to 3-dimensional data arrays.
- Minimal set of tools for data handling (smoothing, resizing, cropping, filling by formula, summation, differentiation, histogram creation and so on).
- Export graphics to bitmap (PNG, JPEG or EPS) and vector (EPS or SVG) files.